Tired of spending too much time and energy trying to perfectly cook frozen corn dogs? I’ve got the solution for you! Making frozen corn dogs in an air fryer is fast, easy, and infinitely more delicious.
With an air fryer, your corn dogs will turn out golden brown and crispy every time — no more half-cooked soggy disappointments you get in the microwave or the greasy, oil-drenched mess you get with deep frying. And yes, it takes only half the time than cooking them in the regular oven.
Why Do I Like Air Frying My Corn Dogs?
I like air frying my frozen corn dogs because it’s quick and easy. Plus, I know that the air frying process is a lot healthier than deep frying or microwaving.
When I’m done cooking, the best part is they look so deliciously golden brown instead of pale and soggy like when you microwave them!
Not only will your corn dogs come out moist in the middle with a crispy layer of cornmeal batter on the outside, but they also require little to no oil to cook.
So, why not switch up how you cook your favorite snack by air frying instead of microwaving or deep frying?
- They’re extremely easy to make in the air fryer.
- You get the same oven-ready crispy result at half the time.
- Unlike deep frying, the air fryer doesn’t increase the calorie content of corn dogs.
- You don’t need to deal with the messy clean-up that deep-frying creates.
- They come out hot in the middle and crispy on the outside.
- It produces a crispier texture than microwaving.
How To Cook Frozen Corn Dogs In An Air Fryer?
Preheat your air fryer to 350 to 375°F (177 to 190°C). Place the frozen corn dogs straight from the freezer in the air fryer basket, making sure to leave some space between each one. Cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway. Enjoy!
Yes, that is how easy it is to cook frozen corn dogs in an air fryer. For step by sept instructions and some tips for the perfect results, check out the recipe card below:
Read Also: 11 Uncommon Things To Cook In An Air Fryer (And 4 You Should Not).
Air Fryer Frozen Corn Dogs Cooking InstructionsCourse: SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Cooking frozen Corn Dogs in an air fryer is a great way to enjoy a delicious snack with minimal effort. With just a few simple steps, you can have a tasty treat in no time at all! All you need is an air fryer, some frozen corn dogs, and some sauces to tip them into. Below I will provide step-by-step instructions on how to cook frozen corn dogs using an air fryer.
4 Frozen corn dogs 0r 8-12 mini corn dogs (like State Fair, Foster Farms, Applegate Naturals, or Jimmy Dean breakfast corn dogs.
Ketchup, mustard, or sour cream for the topping.
- Preheat your air fryer oven to 350 to 375°F (177 to 190°C). It will take about 2 to 3 minutes to preheat properly.
- Open the air fryer basket and spray its surface using air fryer-friendly cooking spray. It’ll keep the corn dog from sticking to the basket during the frying process.
- Place your corn dogs in the basket in a single layer without touching each other.
- Close the air fryer basket and let the corn dog bites cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Depending on the model and size of the fryer you have and the size of your corn dogs, you might need to increase/decrease the cooking time by a couple of minutes.
- Flip the corn dogs after 5 minutes to ensure they’re cooked evenly.
- For mini corn dogs: Air fry for about 7-8 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
- Use tongs to remove the corn dog bites from the air fryer basket once they’re golden brown from the outside.
- Serve or enjoy the air fryer corn dogs with your favorite dipping sauce like mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, or sour cream.
- Be careful; they are hot!
- Cook them from frozen because defrosting them before frying may produce mushy and soggy results.
- Never place the corn dogs on top of one another in the air fryer basket; otherwise, they won’t cook evenly and get stuck to each other.
- If your air fryer has multiple racks, you’ll need to use the top rack to fry frozen corn dogs. It’ll allow the hot air to circulate better, producing an evenly crispy coating.
- If you have a small air fryer basket, cut the stick a bit so that the corn dogs can lay flat in the basket.
- If you have a meat thermometer, use it to check the internal temperature of corn dogs to avoid under/overcooking. Just open the air fryer and insert it into one of the pieces. Your mini corn dogs will be ready if the internal temperature is around 165°F (74°C).
Read Also: How To Cook Frozen Hot Pockets In An Air Fryer? (Perfectly Crispy).
How To Store Cooked Corn Dogs?
Ideally, you shouldn’t cook more corn dogs than you can efficiently finish in a single sitting. That’s because they don’t offer the same taste and texture once you reheat them.
You can also eat them cold the following day, but they won’t be deliciously crispy anymore, and the hot dog in the middle may have a bit of a rubbery texture.
However, if you somehow end up with leftover cooked corn dogs and are adamant about saving them for the next day, then wrap them in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place them in an airtight container or zip-top bag.
This will help to keep them moist and prevent them from drying out. You can store cooked corn dogs in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Alternatively, you can also freeze cooked corn dogs for up to 3 months. To freeze cooked corn dogs, wrap them in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container or zip-top bag.
How To Reheat Cooked Corn Dogs?
When you are ready to eat the leftover corn dogs the following day, reheat them in the air fryer or again but don’t expect them to be as delicious as the first time.
- Preheat your air fryer oven to 325 to 350°F (163 to 177°C).
- Open your air fryer and spray the air fryer-safe cooking oil on the basket.
- Place the refrigerated corn dogs in the basket in a single layer and let them cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the corn dogs and serve/eat them immediately.
Remember that reheated corn dogs don’t offer the same crispy texture as fresh ones.
What’s The Best Way To Cook Mini Corn Dogs?
The best and one of the quickest ways to cook mini corn dogs is to use an air fryer. You’ll need to preheat your air fryer oven to 375°F (190°C) and place the snacks in it. It’ll take about 8 to 10 minutes to cook them.
Is Air Frying Corn Dogs Healthier Than Deep Frying?
An air fryer is a popular option for cooking corn dogs because it can produce crispy, golden-brown results using minimal oil. Because the air fryer circulates hot air around the food, it can cook the corn dogs evenly and quickly without needing large amounts of oil. This makes it a healthier alternative to deep frying, which can add a lot of fat and calories to the finished product.
Can You Put Frozen Mini Corn Dogs In An Air Fryer?
Although most corn dogs are meant to be cooked from frozen, you can also cook thawed corn dogs in an air fryer. The cooking time may be slightly shorter than frozen corn dogs, so you must adjust the cooking time accordingly. Preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190°C) and place the corn dogs in the basket. Cook the corn dogs for 6-8 minutes or until they are golden brown and heated through.
What Is The Best Temperature To Cook Corn Dogs In An Air Fryer?
The best temperature to cook corn dogs in an air fryer is typically around 375°F (190°C). This will help to ensure that the corn dogs cook evenly and produce a crispy, golden-brown exterior.
How Long Do You Cook Corn Dogs In An Air Fryer?
The cooking time for corn dogs in an air fryer will depend on the size and model of your air fryer, as well as the type of corn dogs you are using. Generally, it’s best to cook frozen corn dogs for 10-12 minutes and 5-6 minutes for thawed corn dogs.
Do You Need To Turn Corn Dogs While Cooking In An Air Fryer?
It’s not necessary to turn corn dogs while cooking in an air fryer, as the hot air circulation helps to cook the corn dogs evenly. However, you may want to check on the corn dogs periodically to ensure that they are cooking evenly on each side and if not, turn them around.
Read Also: Can You Use Aluminum Pans In An Air Fryer? (6 Tips For Safe Use).
These sausage-on-a-stick snacks are not just for carnivals or state fairs; making frozen supermarket corn dogs at home in an air fryer is an easy and delicious way to enjoy this classic snack. Air frying eliminates the need for unhealthy ingredients like deep-frying oil while still delivering a crunchy exterior and juicy interior, which would also be hard to achieve in the microwave.