Are you ready to bake the most delicious peanut butter cookies in just minutes? All you need is 3 simple ingredients and an air fryer! These 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are gluten-free and flourless and have been a staple in my home for years, and now you can make it even easier and faster with the air fryer.Jump To Recipe
Forget about the traditional oven, and try making these mouth-melting air fryer 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies. Trust me; the results will be amazing.
Ready to give it a try? But wait, there’s more! Did you know that you can also freeze these cookies for up to three months?
And the best part? The variations are endless. Want to add a little extra sweetness? Try adding chocolate chips or drizzle with melted chocolate. Or, for a classic twist and some crunch, try adding peanuts or other nuts like almonds or hazelnuts to the batter.
So, what are you waiting for? Try out this easy and delicious peanut butter cookie recipe today!
Texture Of 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Well, let me tell you, I’ve had my fair share of peanut butter cookies in my day. And let me tell ya, most of them were just plain dry and crumbly. It’s like they forgot the whole “moist” part of baking.
But, boy, these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies, they’re a whole different story! They’re like my dream come true. They’ve got the crispy edges I love and a chewy center that’s like a warm hug for your taste buds.
Here Is How To Make Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies are a simple and delicious dessert made with just 3 ingredients: peanut butter, sugar, and an egg. Mix the ingredients together, form them into balls, and air fry for 5 minutes at 350 degrees for a mouth-melting treat.
This recipe makes about eight cookies.
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter: Choose a creamy, smooth peanut butter that is free of added oils and sugars. Ensure it is at room temperature, as this will make mixing with the other ingredients easier.
- 1 Cup Sugar: White granulated sugar works best in this recipe, but you can also use brown sugar or a sugar substitute like Stevia if desired.
- 1 Egg: Use a large egg at room temperature. If your egg is cold, place it in a bowl of slightly warm water for a few minutes to bring it to room temperature.
- Gather your ingredients and equipment: To make these peanut butter cookies, you’ll need a mixing bowl, a cookie scoop or spoon, a fork, an air fryer basket, and a toothpick.
- Prepare the air fryer basket: To prevent stickiness, spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper. This will make it easier to remove the cookies once they are cooked.
- Mix the ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, sugar, and egg. Use a spoon or spatula to mix the ingredients until they are well combined and form a smooth dough.
- Scoop the dough: Using a cookie scoop or spoon, portion the dough into rounded balls. Place the cookie dough balls onto the prepared air fryer basket, making sure to space them out evenly.
- Flatten the cookies: Use the back of a fork to gently press down twice on each cookie dough ball. This will give the cookies a traditional criss-cross pattern and help them cook evenly.
- Cook the cookies: Place the basket in the air fryer and set the temperature to 350°F or 175°C. Cook the cookies for 5 minutes.
- Check for doneness: After 5 minutes, use a toothpick to insert it into the center of a cookie. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cookies are done. If the toothpick comes out with dough, cook for an additional minute or two until the cookies are fully cooked.
- Serve: Once the cookies are done, remove them from the air fryer basket and let them cool for a few minutes. Serve with a glass of cold milk or a cup of coffee, and enjoy!
You can store the peanut butter cookies in an airtight container or sealable bag for 3-5 days. To soften the cookies, place them in the microwave for a few seconds.
These cookies can be frozen for up to three months. Thaw on the counter or in the microwave before serving.
You can add ½ cup of chocolate chips to the batter, drizzle the cooked cookies with melted chocolate, add ⅓ cup of peanuts or another nut, or even make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich by spreading jelly on one side and smashing two cookies together. The possibilities are endless.
How To Make It Vegan?
To make this recipe vegan, you can substitute the egg with aquafaba, the liquid from a can of chickpeas. Simply drain the chickpeas and reserve the liquid, then whip the aquafaba until it forms soft peaks.
Check out these 17 best egg substitutes for baking.
Use these in place of the egg in the recipe, and use vegan-friendly peanut butter, such as peanut butter made with 100% peanuts and honey or sugar.
Use a vegan alternative like coconut sugar, Stevia, or maple syrup for the sugar. This way, the cookies are vegan yet still maintain the same delicious peanut butter flavor and texture.
Make Them In The Oven
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can make these cookies in the oven. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack. Enjoy your delicious, oven-baked cookies!
Check Out Also: 10 Best Almond Flour Cookies With Stevia (Low-Carb And Easy to Make).
Recipe Card And The Video Instructions
Air Fryer 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter CookiesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Peanut Butter Cookies are a classic treat that many people love. This recipe is even more special because it is made in the air fryer, making it a quick and easy dessert. These cookies only require three ingredients: peanut butter, sugar, and an egg.
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Sugar
- Mix the peanut butter, sugar, and egg in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- To prevent stickiness, you can spray the air fryer basket with cooking or line it with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, form dough into rounded balls and place them on the air fryer basket.
- Use the back of a fork to gently press down twice on each cookie dough ball.
- Place the basket in the air fryer and cook at 350°F or 175°C for 5 minutes.
- Check the cookies by inserting a toothpick in the center; if it comes out clean, the cookies are done.
- Serve with a glass of cold milk or a cup of coffee, and enjoy!
- Serving Size: One serving is 2 cookies.
- Keep an eye on the cookies as they cook, as air fryers can vary in cooking times.
- To avoid over-browning, you can tent the cookies with foil.
- For a crispier cookie, cook for a few minutes longer and use less dough per cookie.
- For a softer, chewier cookie, cook for a shorter time and use more dough per cookie.
- You may have to cook the cookies in several batches if you’re making a large batch or have a small air fryer.
- You can use a cookie press to make a variety of cookie shapes.
- Consider adding in a teaspoon of baking powder to the cookie dough to give it a more light and fluffy texture.
- Chill the dough for 10-15 minutes for easy handling and shaping.
Read Also: How To Make Crusty Air Fryer Bread (Only 4 Ingredients).
Air fryer 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are a quick and easy dessert that only requires three ingredients. These cookies are perfect for those who love peanut butter and want a quick treat without using the oven. You can enjoy these cookies any time of the day with the option to freeze and store them.
So why not give this recipe a try today and enjoy some delicious, melt-in-your-mouth peanut butter cookies in no time.