Are you tired of the same old breakfast routine? Look no further than this moist, fluffy, delicious, and nutritious air fryer baked oats recipe! Not only is this recipe easy to make, but it’s also packed with wholesome ingredients that will keep you fueled up and ready to take on the day.
How To Make This Air Fryer Baked Oats Recipe
To start, crack an egg into a mixing bowl and add in half a cup of your favorite milk. Mix until well combined, and add in some honey or maple syrup for sweetness. For an extra boost of flavor, mash up a ripe banana and mix it in. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you!
You can see all the steps in the video below on the recipe card.
But we’re not done yet! Add in some vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder, and mix everything up again.
Finally, add in some rolled oats and a mix of dried fruits, nuts, or seeds for an added crunch.
Now comes the fun part – pouring the mixture into a heat-proof cup or small cake tin. Make sure to give it a quick spray of cooking oil beforehand to prevent sticking.
Pop it into the air fryer at 320°F or 160°C for 13-15 minutes, and voila! You’ve got yourself a delicious and healthy breakfast that’s both quick and easy.
Not only is this air fryer baked oats recipe packed with nutrients, but it’s also customizable to your preferences.
Swap out the dried fruits for some chocolate chips, or add in some peanut butter, a spoonful full of jam, or butter at the center for an extra indulgent twist. The possibilities are endless, and I will give you some more delicious ideas below!
Ingredient substitutions can be a lifesaver when you’re missing a key component of a recipe or if you have dietary restrictions that prevent you from using certain ingredients. With a few simple swaps, you can transform this air-fyrer baked oats recipe to fit your needs without sacrificing taste or texture.
Here are some suggested ingredient substitutions that can be used in your air fryer baked oats recipe to make it your own.
- Rolled oats can be substituted with quick oats, steel-cut oats, or other similar oatmeal alternatives. However, the texture of the baked oats may be slightly different depending on the type of oats or rolled grains used.
- Milk can be substituted with any non-dairy milk, such as almond milk, soy milk, potato milk, or coconut milk.
- Honey can be substituted with maple syrup, agave nectar, or any other liquid sweetener like liquid stevia.
- Eggs can be substituted with any of these 17 egg substitutes here.
Looking to switch things up with your air fryer baked oats?
Here are some of my favorite fun and tasty recipe variations to try out. Don’t be afraid to experiment and make these recipes your own – the possibilities are endless!
- Chocolate Chip: Add chocolate chips to the oats mixture for a deliciously sweet and chocolaty twist.
- Blueberry Lemon: Stir fresh or frozen blueberries and lemon zest into the oats mixture for a refreshing and tangy flavor.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly: Swirl peanut butter and jelly into the oats mixture before baking for a nostalgic and delicious breakfast treat.
- Apple Cinnamon: Add diced apples that go really well with the cinnamon to the oats mixture for a cozy and comforting breakfast that tastes like apple pie.
- Carrot Cake: Mix shredded carrots, raisins, and a pinch of nutmeg and cloves into the oats mixture for a healthy breakfast that tastes like carrot cake.
- Pumpkin Spice: Stir pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice into the oats mixture for a festive and flavorful fall breakfast.
- Almond Joy: Add shredded coconut, chopped almonds, and chocolate chips to the oats mixture for a breakfast that tastes like your favorite candy bar.
- Add a Protein Boost: To add an extra protein boost to your baked oats, you can mix in some protein powder. This will help keep you full and satisfied until your next meal.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Feel free to get creative and experiment with your own favorite flavors and ingredients!
Make It In The Oven Instead
To make this air fryer baked oats recipe in the oven instead of the air fryer:
- Preheat your oven to 374°F (190°C) or for the fan-assisted oven to 320°F or 160°C.
- Grease a baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- Follow the recipe as written, mixing all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth it out.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the oats are set.
- Let the oats cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy your delicious oven-baked oats!
Check Out Also: Best Air Fryer 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe.
If you’re tired of the same old boring breakfast routine, then it’s time to shake things up with this air fryer baked oats recipe! Not only is it super easy to make (even for those of us who can barely fry an egg), but it’s also customizable to your taste buds’ liking.
And don’t worry if you don’t have an air fryer because you can still make this delicious breakfast treat in the good old oven. So say goodbye to plain old oatmeal and hello to a breakfast that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning (or at least hit snooze one less time).
I hope that these air fryer baked oats will be your new breakfast favorite!