Air Fryer Bread Rolls: Let’s Get Baking with this Simple and Delicious Recipe!Jump To Recipe
Did you know that your trusty air fryer isn’t just for making crispy fries and chicken wings? Oh no, my friend, it’s a baking powerhouse too! That’s right, you can actually bake bread rolls in the air fryer, and the results are nothing short of amazing.
Not only do I think it is a bit easier than using a traditional oven, but you’ll also get soft, tender, and moist bread rolls with a perfectly golden crust.
If you’re still skeptical, don’t worry; I was, too, until I tried it for myself.
So, let’s put that air fryer to work and bake some delicious bread rolls that will make you the star baker of your household.
All you need for this delicious air fryer bread rolls recipe are some basic ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- One medium-sized egg,
- 3 tablespoons of sugar,
- 2 teaspoons of instant yeast,
- 1 cup of lukewarm milk
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
So, let’s get started!
How To Make Bread Rolls in an Air Fryer:
- First, grab a mixing bowl and crack in one medium-sized egg.
- Add 3 tablespoons of sugar and 2 teaspoons of instant yeast, and give it a quick mix.
- Now, pour in 1 cup of lukewarm milk and mix it all together.
- Add 1/4 cup of olive oil (or whatever cooking oil you have in your kitchen) and give it a good stir.
- Finally, add 3 cups of all-purpose flour and mix until it forms a dough. Easy peasy, right?
- Now, spread some cooking oil on your kitchen counter and knead the dough for about 5 minutes until it becomes a smooth ball.
- Pop the dough ball back into the mixing bowl and cover it with a kitchen towel.
- Let it rise for about 30-40 minutes. While you wait, go ahead and grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea.
- Okay, now that the dough has risen, it’s time to turn it into some delicious bread rolls.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and make it into equal-sized dough balls.
- Brush some cooking oil onto the air fryer basket and place the dough balls inside.
- Cover them with a kitchen towel and let them rise for another 30 minutes.
- Now, it’s time for the grand finale. Brush the dough balls with an egg wash and bake them in the air fryer at 260°F (125°C) for about 10-15 minutes until they’re golden brown on top. You’ll know they’re done when your kitchen smells like heaven and your mouth is watering.
And that’s it! You now have some scrumptious homemade bread rolls that will impress your family and friends. Give it a try, and let me know in the comments below how it goes.
Make Them Sweet
If you want to make these air fryer bread rolls sweet and flavorful, you can add some raisins and cinnamon to the dough.
After adding the flour, mix in a handful of raisins and a generous pinch of ground cinnamon to the dough mixture. Knead the dough as you normally would, cover it with a towel, and let it rise.
Once the dough has risen, divide it into equal-sized pieces, shape them into rolls, and place them in the air fryer basket.
Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar before baking for a deliciously sweet and fragrant bread roll.
Make Them Savory
To add some savory flavor to your air fryer bread rolls, there are several seasonings you can add to the dough. Fresh or dried herbs like rosemary, thyme, or oregano can be added to the dough mixture for a fragrant and delicious aroma.
You can also mix in some grated cheese and minced garlic to the dough to give it a more savory and flavorful taste.
Also, once the dough is shaped into rolls and placed in the air fryer, you can brush them with garlic butter or sprinkle them with grated Parmesan cheese to enhance the flavor even more.
With these simple additions, your air fryer bread rolls will become a tasty and versatile addition to any meal, especially to soup recipes.
So, next time you’re planning on making split pea soup or any other soup recipe, be sure to whip up a batch of these bread rolls to elevate your meal to the next level.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I substitute all-purpose flour for whole wheat flour in bread rolls?
Yes, you can use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour in this recipe, but keep in mind that the texture and taste of the bread rolls may differ slightly. Whole wheat flour has more fiber and protein than all-purpose flour, which can result in a denser bread roll. You may need to adjust the amount of liquid used in the recipe to accommodate for the absorbency of whole wheat flour.
Can I make the dough ahead of time and refrigerate it overnight?
Yes, you can make the dough ahead of time and refrigerate it overnight. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out. When ready to use, let the dough come to room temperature before shaping it into rolls and baking it in the air fryer.
How do I know if the dough has risen enough?
To check if the dough has risen enough, gently press your finger into the dough. If the indentation remains, it means that the dough has risen enough. The dough should roughly double in size after the rising period, which usually takes about 30-40 minutes for bread rolls. Remember that the temperature and humidity in your kitchen can affect how long it takes for the dough to rise.
How to make an egg wash?
To make an egg wash, whisk together one egg and one tablespoon of water in a small bowl until well combined. You can also add a pinch of salt or sugar for flavor. Apply the egg wash onto the bread rolls before baking using a pastry brush. This will give the bread rolls a shiny and golden brown crust.
Check Out Also: Air Fryer Baked Oats – Yummy Breakfast Hack For Busy Mornings!
Air Fryer Bread Rolls Recipe (Moist, Tender, and Easy To Make)Course: SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
Hey bread lovers! Check out this air fryer bread rolls recipe that gives you soft and moist bread rolls that taste and smell absolutely delicious. It’s super easy to make and perfect for anyone who wants fluffy bread without the hassle of baking in an oven. Follow the simple steps below and enjoy soft and moist bread rolls in no time. For more details, watch the video below. Let’s get baking!
1 medium-sized egg
3 tablespoons of sugar
2 teaspoons of instant yeast
1 cup of lukewarm milk
1/4 cup olive oil or any cooking oil
3 cups of all-purpose flour
- Add one medium-sized egg, 3 tablespoons of sugar, and 2 teaspoons of instant yeast in a mixing bowl. Give it a quick mix.
- Add 1 cup of lukewarm milk to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour in 1/4 cup of olive oil or any cooking oil and mix again.
- Add 3 cups of all-purpose flour and mix until it forms a dough.
- On a kitchen counter that is covered with a bit of cooking oil, knead the dough for about 5 minutes and make it into a ball.
- Put the dough ball in the mixing bowl and cover it with a kitchen towel. Leave it on the kitchen counter and let the dough rise for about 30-40 minutes.
- Once the dough has risen, take it and make it into equal, golf ball size dough balls.
- Slightly brush the air fryer basket with some cooking oil and place the dough balls into the air fryer basket.
- Cover the dough balls with a kitchen towel and leave them to rise for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat your air fryer to 260°F or 125°C for a few minutes.
- Brush the dough balls with an egg wash and bake them in the air fryer for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown on the top.
- Once they’re done, take them out of the air fryer and let them cool a bit on a wire rack.
- Eat them warm with some butter or jam.
- Preheat your air fryer: A lot of people find it helpful to preheat their air fryer before baking the bread rolls. This ensures that the rolls will cook evenly and come out perfectly.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket: Make sure to leave some space between the bread rolls in the air fryer basket so that they have room to rise and cook evenly.
- Experiment with different flavors: Try adding herbs, cheese, garlic, or other seasonings to the bread dough for extra flavor. You can also brush the baked bread rolls with melted butter or sprinkle them with sea salt for a delicious finishing touch.
- Use lukewarm milk: When mixing the dough, use lukewarm milk instead of cold milk or hot milk. This will help activate the yeast and help the dough to rise better.
Check Out Also: How To Bake Air Fryer Banana Bread (Soft, Moist, And Crumbly).
How To Store Air Frier Bread Rolls?
After you’ve made your air fryer bread rolls, allow them to cool completely before storing them. Once cooled, you can keep them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
If you want to keep them for a longer period, you can also store them in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Alternatively, you can freeze them by wrapping them in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and placing them in a freezer-safe bag or container. They will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to eat them, simply thaw them at room temperature and reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes until they’re warm and crispy.
My fellow foodies, I hope you liked this amazing homemade air fryer bread rolls recipe. As someone who loves cooking and baking at home, I was skeptical about using an air fryer for baking bread, but let me tell you, it works like a charm! The bread rolls come out perfectly soft, moist, and with a crispy exterior. It’s a perfect recipe for anyone who loves freshly baked bread and has an air fryer.
One of the things I love about this recipe is how customizable it is. You can add your favorite herbs, cheese, garlic, or other seasonings to make it savory, or add some raisins and cinnamon to make it sweet. The possibilities are endless; happy baking!
2 thoughts on “Air Fryer Bread Rolls That Are Moist and Tender (+ Video)”
Wow, these air fryer bread rolls are seriously blowing my mind! I’m a huge bread lover, but I’ve always been intimidated by the idea of making my own. But this recipe has made it so easy and approachable I feel like a bread-making pro now. And the fact that they come out so perfectly moist and tender with a crispy crust is just pure magic. I even got my picky eater of a wife to try them, and she couldn’t get enough! Thanks for sharing this recipe; it’s definitely a new favorite in our household!
Oh my goodness, these Air Fryer Bread Rolls are a game-changer! I never would have thought that using an air fryer could produce such soft and fluffy bread. They’re an addition to all my meals now, and my family can’t get enough of them. I love how easy they are to make, too, so for anyone. if you haven’t tried making bread in your air fryer yet, you’re missing out, I know I was.