Soft, Gooey, and Delicious: The Best Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe!Jump To Recipe
Let me tell you about my latest obsession – air fryer chocolate chip cookies! I know what you’re thinking, “air fryer? For cookies?” But trust me, once you try these soft, gooey, and absolutely delicious cookies, you’ll never want to make them any other way.
Why Are These The BEST Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Imagine sinking your teeth into a cookie that’s so divine; it’s like having a taste of heaven on Earth. These air fryer chocolate chip cookies are exactly that – irresistibly chewy, heavenly soft, and loaded with gooey chocolate chips that’ll make your taste buds sing!
And guess what? You can make these cookies using an air fryer, which means you can indulge in these heavenly treats in no time at all!
I tested and tweaked this recipe until it was perfect, and now, I’m letting you in on my delicious but simple chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Key Ingredients for Chewy Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
It’s the perfect combination of brown sugar, white sugar, salt, melted butter, and vanilla extract, with a little bit of all-purpose flour and baking soda thrown in there. And, of course, we can’t forget the star of the show – the milk chocolate and dark chocolate chunks that I like to fold in evenly to create pockets of melty goodness in every bite.
How Long to Bake Cookies in Air Fryer?
Generally, soft and gooey cookies take about 12-15 minutes to bake in a regular oven at 300°F (150°C). In an air fryer, they take about 10-12 minutes at 300°F (150°C) due to the smaller cooking chamber and intense heat.
However, exact timing can vary based on the size and thickness of the cookies and the specific model of the air fryer being used.
How To Make These Easy Air Frye Chocolat Chip Cookies:
Step 1: Get all the ingredients ready and put on your favorite music. Nothing beats baking cookies while jamming to some good tunes!
Step 2: Mix together brown sugar, white sugar, salt, and melted butter in a large mixing bowl. Use a spatula or whisk to make sure everything is well combined.
Step 3: Add in the vanilla extract and crack in the egg. Mix again until everything is well incorporated.
Step 4: Next, add in the all-purpose flour and baking soda. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to fold in the dry ingredients until a dough is formed.
Step 5: Time to add the star of the show! Add in milk chocolate and dark chocolate chunks and fold them in evenly. Make sure to save some chocolate chips for snacking on while the cookies bake 😉
Step 6: Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for an hour. This step is important as it helps the cookies keep their shape during baking and results in a chewy texture.
Step 7: Shape the cookie dough into small cookies depending on your air fryer basket size. Make sure to leave some space between the cookies to allow for even cooking.
Step 8: Preheat your air fryer to 300°F or 150°C. Once heated, place the cookie dough balls into the air fryer basket. For easy cleaning later, cover the air fryer basket with parchment paper.
Step 9: Cook the cookies for about 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are slightly brown and the chocolate is melted. Use oven mitts to remove the basket from the air fryer and let the cookies cool for a few minutes.
Step 10: Enjoy your delicious, gooey, and soft air fryer chocolate chip cookies! Share them with friends and family, or enjoy them all to yourself (I won’t judge).
Add Nuts or Different Add-ins
Certainly! As long as the total quantity of extras is approximately 1 cup, you can put anything you want, including chopped nuts, M&Ms, dried cranberries, white chocolate chips, raisins, chopped peanut butter cups, etc.
Personally, I often like to include 3/4 cup (135g) butterscotch drops and 1/2 cup (100g) Reese’s Mini chopped peanut butter cups in my cookies.
You could also add one teaspoon of ground cinnamon or pieces of crystallized ginger for a warm and spicy flavor.
Mistakes To Avoid
Here are some of the most common cookie-baking mistakes and how to avoid them so that you can impress your friends and family with your perfect cookies.
- Mistake: Relying too much on your timer. Don’t be a timer tyrant! Air fryers and cookies come in different shapes and sizes, so take them out when they’ve fluffed up and no longer look shiny with just slightly brown edges. If you like really chewy cookies, try taking them out a minute earlier.
- Mistake: Not letting cookies cool enough. Patience is a virtue, my friend. Wait a few minutes before transferring your cookies from an air fryer basket to a cooling rack, so they can firm up and keep their shape.
- Mistake: Overmixing the batter. Don’t be too rough with your dough! Overmixing can result in tough, dry cookies. It is best to mix by hand.
- Mistake: Not chilling the dough. Don’t skip this step! The chilled dough doesn’t melt as quickly, so it won’t spread out too much on the cookie sheet or merge with nearby cookies. Refrigerate for at least an hour before baking.
- Mistake: Using the wrong flour. Different types of flour have different properties, and using the wrong kind can result in flat or crumbly cookies. Use all-purpose flour for most cookie recipes unless otherwise specified.
- Mistake: Measuring your ingredients incorrectly. Don’t just eyeball it! Be precise with your measurements, especially with flour. Use a food scale or gently spoon flour into your measuring cup and level it off with a knife.
Can I Freeze This Cookie Dough?
Definitely! Once I’ve let the dough chill, I like to shape it into balls and place them in a roomy zip-top bag before freezing. Then, when the mood strikes for some freshly baked cookies, I can simply take a few dough balls out of the freezer and pop them straight into the air fryer. I’ll just leave them in for an additional minute or so, and voila! Perfectly baked cookies without the hassle of making a whole batch of cookie dough.
Check Out Also: Best Air Fryer 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe.
Easy Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Are you looking for a quick and easy way to make delicious chocolate chip cookies in your air fryer? My simple chocolate chip cookie recipe is just what you need! With basic ingredients and minimal prep time, you’ll have warm, gooey cookies in no time. So grab your ingredients, fire up your air fryer, and get ready to enjoy the ultimate in chocolatey goodness!
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 tsp salt
½ cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
Milk chocolate and dark chocolate chunks
- In a mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, white sugar, salt, and melted butter. Mix well until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla extract and egg, and mix until fully combined.
- Add in the all-purpose flour and baking soda, and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the milk chocolate and dark chocolate chunks evenly into the dough.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat your air fryer to 300°F or 150°C.
- Shape the cookie dough into small cookies, depending on the size of your air fryer basket.
- Cover the air fryer basket with parchment paper.
- Place the cookies in the air fryer basket and bake for about 10-12 minutes until just slightly brown and set around the edges and slightly soft in the middle.
- Once done, remove the cookies from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Make sure you chill the dough: Chilling the dough for at least 1-2 hours will help the flavors develop and prevent the cookies from spreading too much when baking.
- Use melted butter: Melted butter gives the cookies a chewier texture, but it can make the dough too greasy. Be sure to balance the melted butter with enough flour.
- Use more brown sugar: Brown sugar contains molasses which adds moisture and flavor to the cookies. Use more brown sugar than white sugar if you want to get an even more softer, chewier cookie.
- Don’t overbake: Overbaking in the air fryer is easy and can result in hard, dry cookies. Air fry the cookies until they are just slightly brown and set around the edges, and slightly soft in the middle.
- In addition to chocolate chips, you can add chopped nuts such as walnuts or pecans to your cookie dough for a crunchy texture and nutty flavor. You can also add shredded coconut or dried fruits like cranberries or raisins for a fun twist on classic chocolate chip cookies.
Can You Bake Air Fryer Cookies in the Oven?
Yes, you can bake air fryer cookies in the oven. To do so, preheat your oven to the same temperature that the air fryer recipe calls for. While the oven is preheating, prepare the cookie dough according to the air fryer recipe.
Once the oven is heated, shape the dough into cookies and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about two minutes longer than the air fryer recipe calls for or until they are lightly golden brown around the edges.
Keep an eye on the cookies during the baking process to ensure they don’t overcook. Once they are done, let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your oven-baked air fryer cookies!
Also, Check Out This Recipe: Easy Air Fryer Doughnuts (Baked, Not Deep Fried).
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to indulge in some freshly-baked, gooey, and soft cookies, these easy air fryer chocolate chip cookies might just be your new best friend! Not only is it a fun and innovative way to bake, but I really believe it makes baking easier.
So why not give it a try and see what delicious treats you can whip up in this little kitchen appliance? Happy baking!
2 thoughts on “Best Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies (Soft, Chewy, With Gooey Chocolate)”
I tried out the air fryer chocolate chip cookies recipe, and I have to say, they were pretty good. The texture was definitely really nice, and I enjoyed the crispy exterior with the gooey center. While I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite way to make chocolate chip cookies, it’s worth a try if you’re curious about air fryer baking. Overall, it was a fun experiment, and I’m glad I gave it a shot, as my kids will keep making it this way now.
I made this recipe last night AND LET ME TELL YOU, these cookies are BOMB. It’s so quick and easy, I will be using this recipe for whenever I want cookies.